Are we seeing clear signs of Modi’s “Muslim outreach” plan? One that can serve BJP well in 2019 and beyond?
Even supporters of Con-left ecosystem that have some objectivity and integrity left in them acknowledge (once in a while) that Muslims have been treated as vote bank, used and thrown, and not given their due share by the so-called secular parties.
Any remaining doubts should have been set to rest after “Pandit” Rahul Gandhi’s temple runs, proud claims of sacred thread wearing Brahmin identity and careful avoidance of Muslim localities, votes and issues during his Gujarat campaign! All quietly cheered even openly supported by our “progressive” cabal that waits for returns on their investments in 2019.
BJP, say what you may want, has at least avoided hypocrisy of this sort. But is that enough?
We strongly believe BJP should find ways to engage the Muslims in honest, sincere ways without in any ways giving up its core “Hindutva” ideology. Which we hear repeatedly is not anti-Muslim by definition! Isn’t it time that is proved beyond doubt? Why?
Why Muslims matter
- Because it is the right thing to be fair and just – India is for everyone.
- Because they are a substantial minority and India can never prosper as a whole without taking them along.
- Because they are not anti-Hindu as a group nor do they practice aggressive proselytism.
- Whatever little foreign funding they receive is mostly for internal religious matters not “marketing budgets” spent on fraud NGOs and anti-Hindu venom, unlike evangelist West’s dollars. Yes we know some of it is for fanatic ideologies and violence. But Saudi Arabia and Middle East is running out of money & ideological passion to carry on much longer.
- Because they can be a powerful bridge connecting us to the so-called Ummah where ordinary people are tired of violence and looking for inspiration and leadership. India is culturally, historically, economically best placed to be the one. China can never be. West is deeply hated. This has HUGE economic implications as well.
- Closer to home, if India were to have a half of chance of breaking terrorist state of Pakistan apart again, helping brutally oppressed Baloch brothers gain independence and perhaps the Pashtuns too, strengthen alliance with Afghans etc., there is no way this can be done even as we are seen as anti-Muslim.
- Most of them are not proud of the atrocities of the past and do not identify themselves with Aurangzeb or Khilji. Leave that to our left “liberals”. They don’t even care if another temple is built in Ayodhya.
- Be it in arts, sports, culture, music, science or anything, their contribution to India is invaluable and will remain so. It would be senseless to deny this.
- Regardless of rabid taunts of “go to Pakistan” they have nowhere to go. Unlike Pakistanis with wet dream of being purer than pure Arabs (occasionally claiming Persian or Turkish heritage much to amusement and derision of genuine Arabs, Turks and Persians), Indian Muslims remain proudly Indian. Pakistan is busting at the seams, treats its Mohajirs like dirt. Middle East be it ISIS or equally fanatic Saudi/UAE/Kuwait treat sub-continental Muslims worse than blacks under apartheid. Thanks to terror, West too doesn’t want them.
- Hindus too don’t have any sensible, practical, workable plans of wishing them away. Sorry for being blunt! Forget the rabble rouser Singhanias and their wet dreams. We don’t even want to get into the morality, legality and practicality of implementing one, even if there is!
- And lastly because they can and will matter if BJP wants to be in power for 40-50 years like INC.
So far BJP has been incoherent, dysfunctional and ham handed in dealing with this entire matter.
We have had top leaders coming out with goody goody statements and homilies (promptly blacked out by the mainstream media) and bottom ones doing exact opposite (given full coverage). And sometimes the other way around (again given selective coverage). In other words, no different from janeudhari Pandit Rahul and his bunch of “secular” clowns.
And it has allowed the Stalinist left “liberal” cabal to exploit this situation to further its self serving anti-Hindu pogrom through sustained venomous and vicious hate campaign versus anything and everything Hindu. With ample funding as well helpful Op-Eds, comments from Obama types, parallel coordinated campaigns in US/EU acting as force multipliers. Most Muslims do not identify with this campaign of hate and calumny although they are supposed to be the beneficiaries of it.
In fact they have even more reasons to be suspicious of Marxist charlatans posing as pro-Muslim liberals. And they know the silence of these puppets to “our Chairman” in Beijing’s and the commies’ general track record on these matters. Sadly, BJP has rarely highlighted this or tried to present its true case to the aam Abdul.
As with most things Modi is uniquely placed to set things right, for his own sake, for BJP’s sake and for the nation’s sake.
ABV may have been in a better position in theory, but coming from the real right, Modi’s credibility among Hindu vote bank is far more secure and solid. Which gives him a lot more room to play.
Coming back to the theme suggested in the first paragraph, we see some green shoots of a coherent, sensible plan taking place. Here are the pieces of the puzzle.
- Modi is going after the Muslim women vote bank. We are talking Triple talaq bill here! This is a very clever move. Because if Muslims are “exploited and backward”, its women are doubly so. And being human, they too think, have feelings, ambitions and brains of their own and want better lives. And they have a vote (which is more than you can say for some of the fake liberal left charlatans’ paradises and motherlands)
- And because here Modi can deliver a powerful benefit to “minorities” without any Hindu being affected!
- Yes we partly agree with “liberal” critics that say it is cynical and half hearted. May be that is so, but their own defense of medieval barbarism has been comical hypocritical cruel and criminal at the same time.
- The move to allow women to go to Mecca “unaccompanied” is yet another move in that direction.
- Where it doesn’t conflict with their core vote bank and narratives (whether or not you agree with them), BJP seems to gradually increase seats given to Muslims. This is so far mainly confined to local bodies and lower levels of democracy. But it may be a good start. In any case far better than parachuting “leaders” from the community that have zero credibility and are corrupt or worse simply to fill slots like Congress does.
But is that enough?
Clearly no. So what should Modi/BJP do?
At the outset let us be clear (and we think Modi is quite clear on this) – Modi or the BJP is NEVER going to win any brownie points with the Stalinist cabal that runs the “liberal, progressive” narratives in India.
Their agenda is complete destruction of Hinduism and possibly break-India because that suits their handlers in Politburos and super bosses in Beijing. As we repeatedly stated above, no sane Muslim shares this agenda.
So expecting articles in their yellow dailies, TV studio warriors and online “liberal” rags praising Modi is clearly not going to take off even if he were to convert, grow his beard longer and chant the kalima. They will find ways to attack that too.
Needless to say, the corrupt envelope driven yellow media charlatans that share ownership with the left in this “liberal, progressive” continuum is even less likely to praise him, whatever he may do. Their loyalties to looter dynasties will put Pidi to shame.
Just as he did with most vote banks, Modi has to engage Muslim voters directly, bypass power brokers. In the process discredit them further.
What can he do?
- Simply ask the fringe to take a hike. May be send them off on pilgrimage like Congress did with foul mouthed Digvijaya Singh. Pity they didn’t do that with Aiyar.
- Send direct, honest, sincere messages to the Muslim citizens, explaining his vision of India, his interpretations of Hindutva and how it has room for everyone. Others from RSS etc have attempted to do this but nothing works like Modi leading from front. Again it doesn’t have to be apologetic or dilute the pro-Hindu image of BJP simply because this is no zero sum game. Provided he sells everyone on this.
- Look for intelligent, educated, young, progressive Muslims and give them seats and tickets, clearly instructing and expecting them to stand for everyone not for the vote bank. In other words be color / religion blind. That will draw younger voters from all faiths without turning off the traditional ones. Clearly Muslims have to see BJP as a party where they have a stake, however small provided certain basic conditions are fulfilled (and those conditions apply to EVERYONE).
- Avoid symbolism but go for real change. Symbolism provokes disproportional reactions from fringe right as well as derision from fake liberal left. The quiet approach takes time but builds long term bridges that will pay for decades. As cadre based party, BJP is uniquely positioned to do this and benefit.
Let us hope we see more than green shoots in 2018 that will grow into big trees over time and bear fruit.