CONGRATS!! You have been chosen. As Tavleen Singh so rightly says it in her column winning is the easy part. She is also correct to say the depravity in UP is so bad, voters ask for very little.
With that in mind let us take the liberty of suggesting an action plan to you.
- Ignore the constant sniping from liberal media agents of corrupt dynasts. They are paid to do what they are doing. They get the airtime but people don’t listen to them.
- Be careful in what you say and tell your followers to do the same. You know secularism in India is such Azam Khan or Owaisi can say anything but you cannot.
- It doesn’t take a lot of money or time to do “development”. Grand schemes, metro railways, big dams and highways can wait. But take simple steps that common man can see for himself and enjoy benefits of. We give a few suggestions on this below:
The development agenda
- Ask BJP IT cell to help you create a database of each and every village or settlement in UP. Don’t bother about caste, religion, zone etc.
- For each village the database should show statistics on basic things like this picture shows. For cities, use mohallas or blocks, not villages.
- Make this publicly available so people can point out mistakes, errors. Suggestions.
- Assign local MLA + one minister to each of them. MLA is primarily responsible, minister oversees. Also assign one babu. For opposition wards, assign suitable candidates.
- If users click on each cell, it should take them to a page where status of what is being done to solve the issue is shown. For example if power lines are being constructed, the page should show status, which contractor, value etc. So people know who to complain against if they are doing bad job.
- Of course, this is basic information, you can add more details such as maps, plans etc also.
- Just sit back, monitor and sack anyone not doing his job. Whatever other things you do, such as mandir, cow slaughter, inaugurating big schemes can of course, go on, but don’t forget this main task!
- That’s it! You will prove 2019 is no different from 2014 or 2017, even better!