We wrote about the 10 point test – now that results are out, let us see how he fares
1. BJP crosses 182 – Well, nothing to be said here! PASS
2. Pappu loses / scrapes thru’ – PASS
3. Karnataka votes lots of BJP MPs – BJP won 17 so you could say PASS
4. BJP impress in KL,WB,TN – PASS
5. NDA gets 300+ – Sure, it got there! PASS
6. Bigwigs incl Jaitley win – wonder what made me mention Jaitley by name, but I guess it was well known the contest was fierce and close. FAIL
7. Jaswanth Singh defeated – PASS
8. Modi wins big in Varanasi PASS
9. BJP wins heavy in Delhi, deals blow to AAP PASS
10. BJP wins big in Urban areas – PASS
Wow, that’s 9 out of 10! Impressive indeed!
These ten events will prove if there was ever a Modi wave or none. My guess is 6 or more points he wins a ‘wave’. They are not in any particular sequence.
- BJP crosses its previous best tally of 182 seats in 1999
- Rahul Gandhi gets defeated or at the very least wins very narrowly (< 50,000 votes)
- Karnataka votes in a lot more BJP MPs than state elections barely few months earlier suggested (say 18+)
- BJP performs impressively in Bengal, TN and Kerala (vote share, more seats than forecast)
- NDA wins 300+ seats, needs no further support from outside or inside.
- None of the party big wigs including Jaitley lose
- Jaswanth Singh defeated in Barmer – a clear case of Modi wave sweeping aside son of soil
- Varanasi win of Modi is with big margin (200k+) considering its demographics.
- BJP wins most seats in Delhi reversing past trend and delivers a body blow to AAP in that process.
- BJP wins heavily in urban areas proving its ‘success’ in social media is not all hype and noise. It is a party that has stake in educated, urbanised, relatively affluent class that thinks beyond caste and religion.